Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Make a Trendy Piece a Classic Closet Staple

My favorite trend right now is the faux fur vest. I confess that I am the proud owner of two, a Cynthia Rowley vest and a Vivienne Tam vest, which I alternate wearing based on my current vibe and destination. The versatility of the faux fur vest is truly fascinating. I must admit that I initially believed this piece was just a trend and so last year! I have since come to appreciate the versatility of this piece and rank it at the top of my list of must-have closet staples. This piece can be worn with so many other classic wardrobe pieces that I find myself consistently drawn to it. It is a reliable piece to grab if you have to rush out the door because you woke up late or if you just have one of those, "I have nothing in my closet mornings." It can completely transform an outfit.

Recommended Pairings:

  • With Flare-Leg or Skinny Jeans
  • Combine it with a Jewel-Toned Sweater or Blouse 
  • Match it with Straight-Leg or Flare-Leg Pants
  • Pair it with a Basic Black or White Shirt and a Pencil Skirt
  • Over a Blazer
  • Over a Dress



Finish the Look with:
  • Boots
  • Booties
  • Wedge Heels


I suggests browsing at Marshalls, TJMaxx or H & M where you can purchase a faux-fur vest at a discount price if you are cautious about investing in this piece. I believe you will include it in your regular wardrobe rotation once you become a true convert!

Caution: Don't over-accessorize when wearing
this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment